Join Mr. Hall's Class on Remind: https://www.remind.com/join/mrhall6th
6th Grade Science
FCMS Phone: 276-647-3841
- 5-subject spiral notebook (preferably with pockets for paper storage)
- Pencils and/or pens
- Colored pencils and/or markers
- A glue stick or a roll of tape (decorative/colored tape is fine)
- Scientific Investigation & The Scientific Method
- Earth's Atmosphere & Weather
- The Moon and the Solar System
- Space Exploration
- Properties of Water
- Watersheds & Ecosystems
- Public Policy & Conservation
Grades will be determined by total points.
- A: 100 - 90
- B: 89 - 80
- C: 79 - 70
- D: 69 - 60
- F: 59 - 0
I normally do not offer extra credit work. I want students to develop the habit of completing all work when it is due, because this habit will help them in the future. However, on some assignments I allow students to make corrections for partial credit. It is always in the student's best interest to submit work on time, even if the work is incomplete or the student is concerned that they answered questions incorrectly.
Late Work Policy
- If a student is absent, he or she is responsible for asking Mr. Hall for any make-up work.
- All missing assignments will be entered into the gradebook as an automatic zero (unless the student has an excused absence or has arranged to make up the work in advance).
- If a student receives a "0" due to missing work, he or she can still submit the assignment.
- Work submitted late without an authorized excuse will be penalized by one letter grade (10 points). For example, if a student submits an assignment late and earns a grade of 95 (A), the final grade would be 85 (B) due to the late penalty.
- Please feel free to contact me via e-mail or school phone. I may also use an app such as Remind or Unified Classroom to communicate about deadlines and upcoming tests.
- I will respond to phone calls, e-mails, and other communications between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday during regular school days. If I receive a communication from you outside of those hours, please note that I will respond as soon as possible during the hours listed above.
I expect all students to come to school ready to learn, with all needed supplies, and a great attitude. I will follow all the policies set out in the FCMS “Swords to Success” plan and it is my expectation that students will do the same. When we all treat each other the way we would like to be treated, it is much easier to learn and we all benefit from a calm, welcoming environment.
My Promise to Students
I will always try my hardest to provide you with everything you need to succeed. As long as you always work hard and try your best, you will succeed in 6th grade science as well as your other classes. I and all your other teachers are here to help. Never be afraid to ask a question. Never be afraid that you will get in trouble for not knowing an answer. Never be afraid to try. In science, being wrong just means you’re a little closer to the right answer. I look forward to working with you!