Henry County Farm Bureau Scholarship Guidelines
- The County Board of Directors will appoint a scholarship committee.
- Applicants need not be Farm Bureau members.
- An individual can win more than one year.
- The county will award up to $1000.00 in scholarships per year to qualified applicants. The county may elect not to give a scholarship at any time.
- Scholarships will be presented at the County Annual Meeting and in County Newsletter. Information on rules will be distributed to guidance counselors, vo-ag teachers, and local extension offices.
- Applicants must:
- Be prepared to give a written presentation of aims and goals.
- Fill out our application form
- Preference will be given to applicants who are going into Agriculture studies or related fields.
- Dead line Dates:
By March 10, 2023, applications must be completed and received by the Farm
April 15, 2022- the winner will be announced.
June 2022- Scholarship award
- Checks will be mailed to the college or the recipient at the discretion of the Board. A recipient wishing a check to be given directly must state the reason.
- Scholarships do not have to be offered every year, nor awarded after being offered, if no suitable applicants are not found. The Board of Directors is charged with the responsibility of preserving the monies for worthy winners that will give the program creditability and dignity characteristic of the Henry County Farm Bureau.
See Mr. Ware for Scholarship Forms
Henry County Farm Bureau
156 E. Market Street, Suite 2
Martinsville, VA 24112