“WE DREAM IT, WE BELIEVE IT, LANCER PRIDE”
LAUREL PARK MIDDLE SCHOOL
Ms. McLaurin English 8
Dear Students and Families,
Welcome to the eighth grade! English is a subject that includes grammar, writing, literature and vocabulary. We will be studying all of these components in accordance to the 8th grade English SOL’s. This year in English you will take two SOL tests: Writing SOL in March and by May, you will be ready to take the Reading SOL.
Remember – The more you participate, the more you will enjoy this class!!!
I would encourage all parents/guardians to stay involved with their children’s progress in this class. POWERSCHOOL is an excellent tool for keeping up with the grades and assignments. Parents should monitor POWERSCHOOL on a weekly basis.
- 3 ringer binder with paper
- Students will need 5 dividers
- Index Cards & Glue Sticks
- Red pens/colored pencils & highlighters
- Composition Notebook
- Spiral Notebok
- Academic Planner – EVERYDAY & EVERYWHERE
STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO BE PREPARED EVERY DAY. THIS INCLUDES: HAVING YOUR NOTEBOOK, CHARGED IPAD, GLUE STICKS, AND A WRITING UTENSIL IN CLASS.
- Be in your seat when the bell rings.
- Wait to be dismissed by the teacher.
- Be respectful of everyone at all times.
- Do not talk during instruction or while the teacher or another student is talking.
- Raise your hand and wait to be called on before you speak.
- Stay in your seat.
- Be prepared and ready to learn.
- Know and follow the Lancer Code of Conduct.
**Disrespect of any type is not tolerated
I look forward to working with each of you this year! Please feel free to call, email, or write me if you have any concerns.