Step Two: Criminal Background Check
- Access the Henry County Secure Volunteer website
- Click "I Want to Volunteer!".
- Create an account and follow the process to complete the online, criminal background check.
- Once complete, you will receive a submission email to the email you provided while creating an account.
- You will need a debit card or credit card to pay for this portion of the background check which is $19.45
- After your background check has been approved, you will receive an email stating you are now a Henry County Public Schools Secure Volunteer; you can use this email as a volunteer badge while you wait for your actual badge in the mail. The volunteer badge will be mailed by Secure Volunteer/BIB within 7-10 business days of receiving the email.
Launching January 2023 - Background Investigation Bureau will be launching a new mobile app for Secure Volunteer users! One of the biggest features of the new app will be that it will replace paper ID cards with digital ID cards. This will ensure cards are issued in a timely manner and eliminate the frustration of lost cards.