Graduate of Distinction
Students who are recognized as a Graduate of Distinction must meet certain academic, volunteer, and extra-curricular activities requirement.
Academic (students must meet at least one of the following requirements)
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.8 or higher
- Score 1250 or higher on SAT using any two of the subtests, or at least 700 on any one subject tests
- Score 28 or higher on ACT composite score
- Earn a state or national academic award/office and have at least a 3.5 GPA
Service-Learning or Volunteering*
- Student must complete at least 40 hours of volunteer service
Extra-Curricular School Activities
- Students must participate in a minimum of two activities during their junior and senior year combined
Students will be recognized with a plaque, or similar item, and dinner reception. The School Board, administration from each school, and parents of Graduates of Distinctions will be invited to the event.
* Students must maintain a HCPS provided volunteer hour log and extra-curricular activity log that will be completed and turned in on January 9th, 2019.