Comprehensive List: Click Here
PHCC Financial Aid Info: Click Here
J.T. Minnie Maude:Click Here (Opens January 1st January 2023, Deadline is March 23, 2023)
- Must be U.S. citizen
- Must be resident for minimum of twelve (12) consecutive months at time of application in one or more of the following Virginia and North Carolina counties: Virginia – Halifax, Henry and Pittsylvania, including towns & cities within North Carolina – Caswell and Rockingham, including towns & cities within
- Must be graduating high school senior, high school graduate or have obtained GED
- Must have applied to or be enrolled at an accredited post-secondary institution in an undergraduate diploma or certificate, associate, bachelor or postgraduate degree curriculum
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on 4.0 scale if seeking undergraduate diploma or certificate (through the most recent completed semester)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on 4.0 scale if seeking associate or bachelor degree (through the most recent completed semester)
- GPA for Non-Traditional students considered on applicant by applicant basis
- Renewal applicants only: must complete hours and submit Volunteer Record form as required in prior year award letter
Henry County Rotary: Email Mr. Ware (Deadline March 19)
- Scholarships, in the amount of $1,000 each, are available for Bassett High School and Magna Vista High School students.
- Relatives of Henry County Rotary Club members are not eligible.
- Completed applications should be returned to Ms. Bryant via email or mail to: 85 Riverside Drive Bassett, VA 24055.
Delvin L. Hairston: Email Mr. Ware (Deadline March 26)
- 1. The student must be a senior who has been accepted to an institute of higher learning.
- 2. Applicants must establish evidence of financial need for assistance.
- 3. The student must prove to be academically inclined.
- 4. The student must have a grade point average of no less than 2.8.
- 1. Complete the application form
- 2. Submit a letter of recommendation
- 3. Write an essay defining one of the following:
- Describe your academic and career goals and your plans to achieve them and discuss any of your extracurricular/volunteer activities (both on and off campus) that you may perform
- Describe an event in which you took a leadership role and what you learned about yourself.
- What life experiences have shaped who you are today and what challenges have you overcome in achieving your education (i.e. financial, personal, medical, etc.)?
- Completed applications should be mailed to :
Delvin L Hairston Scholarship
PO Box 466
Martinsville, VA 24114-0466
- To be considered a candidate one must:
Hughes Memorial Fund Scholarship:Click here (Opens February 1 2023, closes March 31 2022)
- Financial need
- If you have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Resident of Pittsylvania, Halifax, Mecklenburg, Charlotte, Campbell, Bedford, Franklin, Henry, or Patrick Counties in Virginia Or Stokes, Rockingham, Caswell, or Person Counties in North Carolina Including cities located in these counties
- Attending an accredited college or university with a minimum of 12 credit hours
- You may qualify for financial assistance.
Bill Mabe Memorial Scholarship: Mr. Ware (Deadline April 15, 2022)
- BHS Senior with a GPA of 2.8 or higher.
Stan Parker Memorial Scholarship from the Roanoke Valley Wrestling Association: Email Mr. Ware(Due to Mr. Ware by March 15)
Students must be:
1.Active in wrestling and student activities or the son or daughter of a coach, official, or someone actively involved in the wrestling community.
2. Be accepted into a Junior college, state or private college, or university.
3. maintain a C average GPA.
4. submit a transcript of grades.
5. furnish a letter of recommendation from the school counselor, teacher, principal, or assistant-principal.
6. furnish a letter of recommendation from the wrestling coach or someone actively involved in the wrestling community.
7. submit a letter explaining financial need.
8. submit a completed application.
Email Mr. Ware (Due to Mr. Ware by March 15)
The IALR is located in Danville and will award up to sixteen STEM Scholarships to eight school divisions, each in the amount of $1,000. The scholarship is intended to support a graduating senior who expresses a desire to continue her or his education, specifically in the areas of science, technology, engineering and/or math.
In order to qualify you must:
1. Student must be a senior, graduating by June 2023.
2. Student plans to attend a two-year or four-year college or university.
3. Student plans to major in a science (includes health), technology, engineering or math
Please email me to request application forms and submit them to me no later than March 10th 2022.
Henry County Public Schools First-Generation College Student Scholarship
This $1,000 scholarship is funded through local business partnerships and Henry County Public Schools. Only first-generation college students are eligible for this scholarship.
Deadline: Friday, April 28, 2023
Part 2: Answer the following question on a separate piece of paper. This must be typed and no more than 500 words using 12-point font.
Question: A first-generation college student is a student who is the first in his/her family to attend college. Based on this definition, why do you merit selection for the Henry County Public Schools First-Generation College Student Scholarship?
Part 4: Submit two letters of recommendation. The letters cannot be written by family members.
This is a four-part application. All four parts must be completed and submitted together by the Friday, April 28, 2023 deadline. The applications must be mailed or hand-delivered to the following address:
Henry County Public Schools:
Attention Mrs. Lisa Millner
First-Generation College Student Scholarship Fund
P. O. Box 8958
Collinsville, VA 24078
Scholarship Notification Procedures:
- All applications must be received, with all four required parts, Friday, April 28, 2023. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure the application package is complete and received on time. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by May 19, 2023. Scholarships will be forwarded directly to the college prior to the start of the 2023-2024 fall semester. This is a one-time scholarship in the amount of $1,000. The scholarship will expire on October 31, 2023 and will not be re-issued. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Millner at 276-634-4721 or firstname.lastname@example.org.