Physical Education Syllabus
The purpose of Physical Education at FCMS is to further develop the neuromuscular skills, to develop personal/social attitudes and to promote physical fitness through participation in a wide variety of activities. Physical fitness tests are administered twice during the school year to monitor your child’s fitness level.
* All students must participate in PE unless excused by a parent or doctor’s note.
* Parent notes must include name, date, telephone number and reason for the excuse. There is a limit of 2 parent notes per 9 weeks. Each note is good for 2 days.
* Doctor’s notes should include nature and duration of the problem and will excuse the student from participating for the time specified by the doctor.
* Students with notes should bring something to do, i.e. a book or work.
* Students who fail to participate or bring tennis shoes are subject to losing points and/or disciplinary action.
* Students are to be respectful to teachers and classmates.
* Students are to enter the gym and sit in assigned area.
* Students are not to leave the gym without permission.
* Students must wear tennis shoes or bring tennis shoes.
* NO HORSEPLAY, GUM or CANDY!!!!
Grading: Unit Quizzes = 100 points
* Students receive 20 points a day, to equal 100 points a week.
* 10 points Participation
* 5 points Running
* 5 points Exercises
* Misbehavior may result in sitting out of PE until the teacher feels he/she is ready to return and may lose points.
* Student/Teacher conference
*Conference, phone call or email with the parents
** Students are responsible for their personal belongings. PE teachers are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
I have read and understand the rules and guidelines for Physical Education at FCMS. By signing this form I understand the rules and guidelines in Physical Education class. Please sign & return.