Math 7 Syllabus
The seventh-grade standards continue to emphasize the foundations of algebra. Students who successfully complete the seventh-grade standards should be prepared to study Algebra I in grade eight. Topics in grade seven include proportional reasoning, integer computation, solving two-step linear equations, and recognizing different representations for relationships. Students will apply the properties of real numbers in solving equations, solve inequalities, and use data analysis techniques to make inferences, conjectures, and predictions.
First 9 weeks:
Properties of Real Numbers
Powers of Ten, Scientific Notation, Square Roots, Comparing and Ordering Fractions Decimals and Percents
Second 9 Weeks:
Fundamental Counting Principle
Translating Verbal Expressions/ Evaluating Expressions
Solving Equations and Inequalities
Third 9 Weeks:
Proportions and Similar Figures
Volume and Surface Area
Fourth 9 Weeks:
Transformations of Figures
Histograms and other representations of data
59 and below
- Students are expected to show steps and thinking when completing work, always put effort into work, and ask for help.
- The work will be challenging and meaningful. Feedback and opportunities for revision will be given.
- Sprial review homework will be given weekly, due on Friday. Failure to complete 3 homework assignments will result in a ticket.
Students are expected to:
- Follow the Lancer Code. Consequences will be given as outlined in the Lancer Code.
- Follow all classroom procedures.
- Work hard! Respect others!
Tests - 40%
Quizzes - 30%
Homework and Classwork Assignments - 30%