Welcome to Preschool!Email address as follows:
From the Desk of Ms. Young:
Back To School Supplies:
The supplies you need to purchase for your child are as follows:
1. A regular size bookbag (no small bookbags please)
2. One large box of Tissues
3. One large 52 oz jug of hand soap
4. One large size Lysol or Chlorox Dsinfecting Wipes (a store brand is fine)
6. One box of Ziplock bags
5. Your child will also need a change of clothing to keep at school in case of accidents. Please send a change of clothing complete with socks, shirt, pants (no shorts please), and underwear.The children are learning to write their names (first names by December, first and last beginning in January) and recognize the letters in their name. Feel free to help your child write their name once or twice every evening. Also, we will begin to concentrate on learning letters, you may wish to begin going over the letters at home with your child. Please practice counting from one to thirty with your child. Please have your child practice saying their full address (street number, street name, city, and state), full name (first, middle, and last name), home telephone number, birthday (month and day), and age with you nightly. We will practicing this in class. Some ideas:
1. Let your child use crayons or markers to write with.
2. Put a bit of shaving cream on a table and let your child practice writing their name with their finger. When you are finished, you simply wipe of the shaving cream and have a clean table.
3. Use magnetic letters from the dollar store on the refrigerator and have your child arrange the letters in their name in order and tell you the letter as they arrange them.4. Let your child count pennies, bottle tops, or other items around the house.Ms. Young's Preschool Schedule7:30 - 8:05 - Arrival8:05 - 8:10 - Greeting Time8:10 - 8:35 - Breakfast8:35 - 9:00 - Outside Time / Gym Time9:00 - 9:20 - Large Group Time9:20 - 9:35 - Small Group Time9:35 - 9:45 - Large Group Time9:45 - 10:15 - Itinerant10:15 - 10:30 - Small Group Time (Table Time with books and paper / Bathroom Break)10:30 - 10:55 - Lunch10:55 - 11:05 - Planning Time11:05 - 12:05 - Work Time12:05 - 12:15 - Clean Up Time12:15 - 12:25 - Recall Time12:25 - 12:50 - Outside Time12:50 - 1:05 - Snack1:05 - 2:15 - Nap2:15 - 2:30 - Large Group Time2:30 - DismissalPreschool Children Cartoon