Would you like to become a Substitute Teacher in Henry County Public Schools
Substitute teacher daily pay rates effective 2012-2013 include the following:
- Substitute Teacher, Retired Teacher $100.00
- Substitute Teacher, Retired Teacher, Long Term (+10 days) $125.00
- Substitute Teacher, Bachelor's or Master's Degree $70.00
- Substitute Teacher, Bachelor's or Master's Degree, Long Term (+10 days) $90.00
- Substitute Teacher, Associate's degree, Para Pro Test or Two Years College $60.00
- Substitute Teacher Aide (Special Education Only) $55.00
- Substitute Support Staff $55.00
After all necessary documentation (listed below) is completed and provided to the school district, the substitute's name will be placed on the district's list of approved substitute teachers.
- Substitute teachers are required to take a TB (tuberculosis) test.
- Substitute teachers must hold an Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's degree OR have a high school diploma AND pass the Para Pro Test.
- Substitute teachers must pass a criminal background check, which includes fingerprints as well as a registry check with Virginia's Child Protective Services.
- Substitute teachers must attend a substitute teacher orientation.
Contact Kim Roher at 276-634-4577 for additional information.