Would you like to become a Substitute Teacher in Henry County Public Schools
Substitute teacher daily pay rates effective 2017-2018 include the following:
- Substitute Teacher, Retired Teacher $100.00
- Substitute Teacher, Retired Teacher, Long Term (+10 days) $125.00
- Substitute Teacher, Bachelor's or Master's Degree $75.00
- Substitute Teacher, Bachelor's or Master's Degree, Long Term (+10 days) $90.00
- Substitute Teacher, Associate's degree, Para Pro Test or Two Years College $65.00
- Substitute Teacher Aide (Special Education Only) $55.00
- Substitute Support Staff $55.00
After all necessary documentation (listed below) is completed and provided to the school district, the substitute's name will be placed on the district's list of approved substitute teachers.Interested applicants must complete an on-line application and meet the following criteria:
- Substitute teachers are required to take a TB (tuberculosis) test.
- Substitute teachers must hold an Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's degree OR have a high school diploma AND pass the Para Pro Test.
- Substitute teachers must pass a criminal background check, which includes fingerprints as well as a registry check with Virginia's Child Protective Services.
- Substitute teachers must attend a substitute teacher orientation.
Contact Kim Roher at 276-634-4577 for additional information.