"It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia that personal information about citizens will be collected only to the extent necessary to provide the service or benefit desired; that only appropriate information will be collected; that the citizen shall understand the reason the information is collected and be able to examine their personal record which is maintained by a public body."
Website visitors can navigate the Henry County Public Schools District website without identifying or revealing any information. If you would like to subscribe to the newsletter, you may choose to provide us with minimum personal information, including your name, email address, and areas of interest. We use this information only to correspond with you regarding your requested areas of interest.
The website utilizes Google Analytics to anonymously identify and track website visitors and to collect non-personal information such as website activity, referral website, and types of browsers and devices used to access our site. This data allows us to understand website usage patterns and make our website easier to use.
Data collected from the website is not shared with any third parties. No personal information is disclosed, except as required or permitted by law. No unsolicited communications are sent based on personal information collected through the website.
The website is maintained with strict physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to help protect personal information from unauthorized or inappropriate access.
As technology continues to change, this privacy statement may be modified to reflect any updates.
This web site:
- Does not require you to provide any personal information to download files or reports or to view any of our pages.
- May collect personal information that you voluntarily provide us in order to provide you with services or information you specifically request. Should you not desire to provide this personal information, we may be unable to provide you the services or information that you have requested.
- Will use information provided by you only for specified purposes that may include anonymous reports and summaries of the data collected. Your personal information will not be provided to any other person, entity or organization without your consent, unless required by law, court order or other valid legal process.
- May place a "cookie" on your computer. Will not track your personal movements through the web site. Has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
- Contains links to other sites. Neither the County of Henry nor Henry County Public Schools is responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
- Automatically logs technical information necessary to maintain system security and performance and to generate anonymous usage statistics.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this web site, please send an e-mail to Monica.Hatchett@henry.k12.va.us