| Preschool Flyer ||Preschool Flyer|
| Frequently Asked Questions|| Frequently Asked Questions|
|Preparing Your Child For School|
| Preparing Your Child For School|
Virginia Preschool Initiative Program (VPI)
Campbell Court Elementary
Drewry Mason Elementary
G. W. Carver Elementary
John Redd Smith Elementary
Mt. Olivet Elementary
Rich Acres Elementary
- Each classroom structured with a certified teacher and a qualified assistant and eighteen students.
- Regular school system's yearly calendar with a full day schedule (8:00 a.m. to 2:40 p.m.) Monday through Friday followed.
- Transportation to and from home school provided.
- Breakfast, lunch, and snack served daily.
- Designated rest time provided daily.
- Parent involvement to varying degrees required.
- Developmentally appropriate instruction following the High Scope curriculum provided.
- Home visits by Home/School Coordinators and Teachers conducted during the year.
- Participation in the preschool program is free of charge.
To be eligible for the programs, a child must meet the following requirements:
- Children must be four years of age by September 30, 2017.
- Each child must complete a preschool screening for Henry County Public Schools.
- Henry County residency is required and verification of residency must be provided.
- A certified birth certificate issued from Dept. of Vital Records must be provided.
- A record of preschool immunizations must be provided.
- Documentation verifying family income (2016 Federal Income Tax Return) must be provided.
Henry County Public Schools will notify parents/guardians of the date and location for their child's screening.
Since a limited number of children may attend a program, applications for children who are eligible and not enrolled will be placed on a waiting list.If you have any questions, you may contact Henry County Public Schools at 634-4716.