Preschool Flyer Preschool Flyer Frequently Asked Questions Frequently Asked Questions Preparing Your Child For School
Preparing Your Child For School
Virginia Preschool Initiative Program (VPI)
Campbell Court Elementary
Drewry Mason Elementary
G. W. Carver Elementary
John Redd Smith Elementary
Mt. Olivet Elementary
Rich Acres Elementary
- Each classroom structured with a certified teacher and a qualified assistant and eighteen students.
- Regular school system's yearly calendar with a full day schedule (8:00 a.m. to 2:40 p.m.) Monday through Friday followed.
- Transportation to and from home school provided.
- Breakfast, lunch, and snack served daily.
- Designated rest time provided daily.
- Parent involvement to varying degrees required.
- Developmentally appropriate instruction following the High Scope curriculum provided.
- Home visits by Home/School Coordinators and Teachers conducted during the year.
- Participation in the preschool program is free of charge.
To be eligible for the programs, a child must meet the following requirements:
- Children must be four years of age by September 30, 2017.
- Each child must complete a preschool screening for Henry County Public Schools.
- Henry County residency is required and verification of residency must be provided.
- A certified birth certificate issued from Dept. of Vital Records must be provided.
- A record of preschool immunizations must be provided.
- Documentation verifying family income (2016 Federal Income Tax Return) must be provided.
Henry County Public Schools will notify parents/guardians of the date and location for their child's screening.
Since a limited number of children may attend a program, applications for children who are eligible and not enrolled will be placed on a waiting list.If you have any questions, you may contact Henry County Public Schools at 634-4716.