Mrs. HooperReading Specialist
COVID-19 RESOURCESHello Axton students and families! Look below for links to practice reading everyday!
- https://www.abcmouse.com/redeem -This website practices phonics, math, social studies, art, music, and other subjects. Use code school7771 to set up a free family account.
- https://www.highlightskids.com/ -This website has activities, jokes, games and other items.
- https://pbskids.org/ -This website has games and activities.
- https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html -This website has day-to-day activities for children
- https://data.mobymax.com/mc/share/Using_MobyMax_From_Home.pdf -Parents, this is a handy reference for how to use Moby Max at home. If your child needs login information, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will help you.
- https://data.mobymax.com/mc/share/Using_MobyMax_From_Home_ES.pdf -Spanish version of Moby Max at home
Be sure to read everyday!
Before Reading: Make predictions! What will this book/story be about? Look at the title and pictures. What do I already know about this topic?
During Reading: Ask yourself questions! 1. How is the character feeling? 2. What do I think will happen next? 3. What have I learned so far? 4. Does this make sense?
After Reading: What was the main idea or theme? What did I learn? Why did the author write this? What do I still want to know?
A Fun Activity After You Have Finished Reading: Create a poster, drawing, or project of what you have read about. Include the characters, setting, problem and solution in the story. If you're reading non-fiction, create a book cover to tell all about the book. Include interesting facts and pictures that you read about.email me