This page will serve as a way to provide resources to families during our extended closure for the 2019-2020 school year. Please contact me via email if you have any questions or concerns and I will try my best to help you navigate this new journey we are all taking. Click any of the pictures below to get started!!
1. Time For Kids--Time for Kids is going to be offering its digital magazine service free for students throughout the rest of this school year.
2. Scholastic--Explore various lessons and activities for all grade levels.Here you will find books, videos, activities, projects, and much more. There is something for every student in your life!!
3. ABC Mouse (PK-2) and Adventure Academy(Grades 2-5)--ABC Mouse and Adventure Academy are being offered for FREE. Just enter the code SCHOOL7771. Here you will be able to access lessons in reading, language, and math skills. Adventure Academy has science and math resources as well.
4. Capstone--Nearly 5000 Interactive titles that are just the ticket for emergent, struggling, reluctant and ELL readers! High-interest text combine with text-highlighting, read-aloud features and stellar book design to make reading a successful experience for every reader!
"Log In" Username: continue Password: reading
5. Unite for Literacy--Completely free digital access to picture books for early elementary grades, printed in English with narration available in 47 different languages. You can read them on your own, but the read to me option is a great one, too!
6. Virtual Field Trips--Check out this list of amazing virtual field trips! From zoos, museums, and even Mars you are sure to learn something new from these exciting places.
7. Bookflix will allow you to check out lots of different books and is being offered FREE through Scholastic during this time of distance learning. If it prompts you for a username and password use Learning20 (for the username - with a capital L) and Clifford (for the password - with a capital C) to access an amazing library of digital books.
8. Save With Stories-Various books read by celebrities (started by Jennifer Garner and Amy Adams). Tons to choose from!!
9. Virtual Virginia--You don't have to leave home to tour museums and galleries around the Commonwealth. You can take a virtual tour of Mount Vernon, visit the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts on Instagram, jam to music broadcast from the Birthplace of Country Music Museum, and much more.