- Fieldale-Collinsville Middle School
- Math 7 Information
Math 7 Syllabus
Math tools picture
7th Grade Math Objective
The seventh-grade standards emphasize the foundations of algebra. Topics in grade seven include proportional reasoning, integer computation, solving two-step linear equations, and recognizing different representations for relationships. Students will apply the properties of real numbers in solving equations, solve inequalities, and use data analysis techniques to make inferences, conjectures, and predictions.
Each student is expected to do the following:
v Follow all school rules.
v Do all work, including homework.
v Come to class prepared with necessary supplies and a positive attitude.
v Respect everyone.
v Cooperate with teachers and peers.
· 3 ring binder (1 ½ - 2 inch) Requested but not required:
· Loose-leaf paper Tissues
· 1 folder with 3 prongs & pockets Disinfectant wipes
· Pencils only (no pens in math) Colored pencils or crayons
· Inexpensive calculator to use at home (optional) Roll of paper towels
o Be sure it has a square root button Dry erase markers
GradingScale: 100 – 97 A+
96 - 93 A
92 - 90 A-
Good citizenship and behavior is vital to the learning process. Citizenship grades will be based on the following:
·, Good work habits
· Following school rules
· Participation in classroom discussions, group activities and assignments
· Cooperation with peers during group activities
· Being a responsible student
DisciplinePlan: Follows Swords to Success Guidelines
Math 7 Pacing Guide:
This is the pacing guide set up by Henry County Schools. (There may be some changes to this depending on unexpected events and the order in which things are taught may be changed.)
1st Nine Weeks
2nd Nine Weeks
3rd Nine Weeks
4th Nine Weeks
· Compare and order rational numbers (SOL 7.1c)
· Probability (SOL 7.8a and b)
· Histograms, Stem-and-Leaf Plots, Line Plots, Circle Graphs (SOLs 7.9)
· Quadrilaterals (SOL 7.6)
· Similar Figures (SOL 7.5)
· Proportions (SOL 7.3)
Spiral Backs and County Assessments will be given each nine weeks.